Carroll County Wabash and Erie Canal, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation formed to preserve portions of the Wabash & Erie Canal and educate the public by:
- Developing education, recreation and preservation programs relevant to the Canal and other related sites
- Acquiring and preserving portions of the canal bed, towpath, bridges, locks, adjoining land, physical assets and artifacts and other related historic features of the canal
- Encouraging restoration and development of the Wabash & Erie Canal and associated sites
- Offering on-site and printed opportunities for the public to learn about the canal and related period history
- Working with other local and regional organizations to further common goals
The Canal Association continues to find and preserve artifacts, acquire new lands and expand its educational offerings through new exhibits in conjunction with a Conference and Interpretive Center building and unique attractions in keeping with the canal era that will further identify the Canal Center as an outstanding source of canal history and an exciting location for visitors of all ages.
See the Interactive Map!
Get a closer look at Canal Park with our Interactive Map!
Make a reservation to bring your class to the canal for a fun and enriching experience.
Our beautiful and historic trails are OPEN! Learn more about the trails and get some fresh air.
It’s as important as it is a pleasure to learn about those who have come before us and all the brave and impressive things they did which led up to the modern world we live in today. Learn more from the Learning Center on our site, starting with Canal History.
Things to Do
Come one, come all! Whether you have a school group, an event that needs hosting, or you plan on making a day trip, there’s no shortage of fun activities, period architecture, and educational displays to keep you engaged and inspired during your time here.
Weddings & Events
Your wedding day is one of the most memorable and magical days of your life. Bring your family and your friends, and we’ll supply the atmosphere to make your big day one to remember with memories and photos full of old-world charm. Contact us to reserve the Chapel and Canal Boat.