June 1 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm$65.00
Description: Learn the basics of cutting fabric pieces, sewing those pieces back together to form a block, putting a border on the block, putting three layers of a quilt together, and quilting those three layers, then putting together a small pillow. OR you can make an 1850’s sunbonnet with quilted brim. You pick your creation, and you take it home with you!
Participants are asked to bring fabric scissors, a heavy thimble that fits the middle finger, and a pencil.
When: Saturday, June 1, 9AM-5PM with a one hour lunch break
Instructor: Becky Crabb. Becky was inspired to quilt as a child while watching her grandmothers quilt. After teaching herself the basics, she joined a group of older women quilters in Florida in the early 1970s. She taught basic hand quilting in adult education many years as well as occasional classes at libraries and quilt stores.
Skill Level: Beginner. Students must be ages 14 or older unless special arrangements are made.
Class Size: minimum 3 students, maximum 10 students
Location: The Fouts House in Canal Park’s Pioneer Village
Terms and Conditions:
- Registration and payment are required at least two weeks prior to the class dates.
- All classes require pre-registration and pre-payment.
- To reserve your spot and pre-pay by check, please mail a check to Canal Park, attn: Classes, 1030 N. Washington Street, Delphi, IN 46923. Please identify your desired class(es) in the check’s memo. A fee will be charged for returned checks.
- We reserved the right to cancel classes if minimum registrations are not met. If we cancel a class, students can transfer without a penalty. A full refund (minus credit card fees) will be given to students who do not wish to transfer to another class.
- Students may cancel or transfer classes up to two weeks prior to a class without losing their payment (minus credit card fees). Deadline to register is two weeks prior to class.
- If a student transfers to another class prior to the two weeks of class, a 20% transfer fee will be charged. The transfer must be for a class within one year of the original class.