May 18 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm$66.00
Description: Learn to make a hearth broom. You will also learn the basics of hand tying a broom. We will make a broom with a handle during class, and you will take your creation home with you!
When: Saturday, May 18, 9AM-1PM
Instructor: Bev Larson. In 2009 Bev added broom making to her weaving experience and it too is now a passion. In 2016 she received the honor of being named an Indiana Artisan by the State of Indiana for both broom making and basket weaving.
Skill Level: Beginner, students must be ages 16 or older
Class Size: minimum 4 students, maximum 8 students
Location: The Broom Maker’s Shop in the Canal Park Pioneer Village
Terms and Conditions:
- Registration and payment are required at least two weeks prior to the class dates.
- All classes require pre-registration and pre-payment.
- To reserve your spot and pre-pay by check, please mail a check to Canal Park, attn: Classes, 1030 N. Washington Street, Delphi, IN 46923. Please identify your desired class(es) in the check’s memo. A fee will be charged for returned checks.
- We reserved the right to cancel classes if minimum registrations are not met. If we cancel a class, students can transfer without a penalty. A full refund (minus credit card fees) will be given to students who do not wish to transfer to another class.
- Students may cancel or transfer classes up to two weeks prior to a class without losing their payment (minus credit card fees). Deadline to register is two weeks prior to class.
- If a student transfers to another class prior to the two weeks of class, a 20% transfer fee will be charged. The transfer must be for a class within one year of the original class.